My boy is 2+ years now and he still doesn't speak. I mean he only says a few only words. Is it okay?

He only speaks Papa, Maa, Bha, Chhiya, Hatt.. that's it. #pleasehelp #advicepls #firsttimemom

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello! Boys tend to be late bloomers — I’m speaking from experience. My brother only started speaking around 3yo. Same with your LO can only speak Papa and Mama at that age. We just continued to speak with him like build conversartion and played alot of music. 😊 Thing is at least your LO is speaking and communicating. Because my cousin (boy) who was diagnosed as special child hated sounds, didn’t speak or react to things. But thankfully with help of speech therapy, he’s fine now and very very smartttt!!! Anyhow, there’s no harm checking with your doctor as well.

Read more
2y trước

For the part where my cousin didn’t react to things that’d be like fireworks, peekaboo, or clapping hands. No reaction at all.

Thành viên VIP

Don’t worry Anand, boys generally start speaking late as hyperactive mind indulges them to do more chaotic activities rather than doing communicative activities. But there is no harm to check with paediatrician or child psychologist as certain time child may have social behaviour issues. There are so many therapies which an expert can guide you after proper diagnosis.

Read more
Influencer của TAP

Yes sometimes child takes a time utter a word Just indulge with him and Incourage him or if that’s not working Then speech therapy is the solution Consult with your doc

Read more
2y trước

By the way the goal for 2 to 2.5 year is just 50 words Also watch if he is doing nonverbal actions for communication

No worries, boys actually start speaking late thank girls. perfectly normal! But to ease your mind, you can check with his pedia or book an appointment with devped

Thành viên VIP

Hi mum, not a cause for concern now, but not something to ignore as well. Observe more and if later on there’s a little progress, no harm visiting a devped.

Thành viên VIP

It’s normal will just take some time, doesn’t sound diagnosable but best to speak to a HCP if you want to be sure!

it’s a bit behind usual development, you might want to consult a speech therapist

Influencer của TAP

my boy started talking well over 3 years old & is extremely talkative since

Don't worry is ok. Read more books with him