What to do

As new parents, are we suppose to attend any pre pregnancy courses? New to this.. heh

27 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Personally, I think it’s useful for new parents as there’s so many myths and “advice” that will be dished out to you that you really need help to understand what is right. Especially so with medical advances & knowledge, what older generation practiced in the past may not be right too. I’ve just been through the journey myself - being a new parent. Sign up for it and it’ll also help lessen your anxiety. All the best!

Read more

Pregnancy course are always useful for gather information and meeting people in a similar situation as yourself - you never know you may even make a lifelong friend as a consequence. theAsianparent also runs Baby On Board - this is definitely worth attending for great tips and a fun day out.

It can't do any harm to attend - even if you think you may know everything you may learn something new, or in the heat of the moment it can be useful and a good peace of mind that youre doing things right.

Super Mom

Im quite new too and i went for birth classes to learn more. Also take hospital tours and see what they have to offer. Cus i dont want to go in blind and just listen to ppl blindly.

Up to you, good to go, or you could learn hands on from your parents or confinement lady, congrats and enjoy soon to come parenthood!

It will come in handy especially how you care for your newborn especially like bathing, feeding, cleaning his poops

Yes, usually there are many available locally. Few are helpful. Also try the prenatal classes for excercise

Definately useful, but make sure to apply the skill set learnt. I hv fren who go ciurses but nv aply😂

Super Mom

Up to you. I did because I did not hire confinement nanny so there is no one else to teach me..

It will be useful to gain more knowledge as new parents. You can also try going to pregnancy event