Breastfeeding

Need some advise to increase milk supply. Have been trying out lactation cookies and tea, fenugreek but dont see much results. 5 weeks pp now and currently pumping out about 40ml, max 60ml. No feeling of engorgement though, is my supply stagnant? #advicepls #1stimemom

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Fenugreek does not work on everyone. It may even decrease supply for some. May not work for everyone but this is what helped me - Handsfree pump (I’m using Befree) - Sunflower Lecithin & Pump Princess (Legendairy) Previously I was using BeMine pump & can only yield 40-90ML/30mins (both sides combined). Not only that, I always had clogged ducts which led to mastitis. I switched to Befree as I need to free up my hands to take care of my LO and surpringsly it worked better for me. Together with the sunflower lecithin, I managed to yield 180ML for the first time. I currently pump 180ml - 210ml/20mins (both sides combined). I partly think it’s also because Befree is covered up hence I won’t be so stressed about the amount of milk I’m pumping whereas for bemine I kept looking while pumping which makes it very stressful.

Read more