Overtired?

Hi need help and advice. My dd just turned 2 and she has been resisting bedtime for a few months and its like war putting her for bed time not to mention keeping it with the routine. I've tried sleeping balms, quiet and cooling environment and even offering warm milk. We even gave a nice warm shower to relax her but nothing works with what we have googled and took advices from our parents and elders alike. Desperately seeking other alternatives for myself and dd. It's always me scolding her and dd crying herself to sleep. It hurts to see her sobbing while sleeping as she always have nightmares every night. Help

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mom

What’s her sleep and nap schedule like now every day?

3y trước

By 2yo, sometimes they don’t need 3 hr naps anymore, and they’ll especially resist it at home because they want to spend time with you. If you put the nap at 12pm, you’re also making the awake interval about 4.5 to 5.5 hrs, which may be quite short for that age (childcare is a bit different because there are other kids sleeping so your cchild may follow.. or.. that’s nap time but your little one may not be asleep the whole duration too). What I did was to push back and shorten nap time, but bring forward sleep time. You may get a better response. In very rare cases, they completely drop the afternoon nap this early, but let’s hope not 😅 because sleep time will become too early.