My 3 year old is still not toilet trained. She knows when she wants to pee or poop and if I remove her diaper and put her on the toilet seat, she will just not do it. But after a while either I make her put on the diaper or she forces me to put it on for her and then she'll relieve herself. There have been number of incidents accidents when I have left her off diapers and she's done it on the floor. Then she will come and tell me that she's done it. I see lot of Indian kids around being trained at a young age whereas when I read up on Babycentre about Europe and US, it's considered normal if the child is not trained till they are about 5. My issue is she'd be starting Nursery next year and the schools here require her to be fully toilet trained. Any tips will be very much appreciated.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Toilet training cant be rushed. You can only provide support and encouragement. Each child grow differently and at a different pace. Please slow down and dont force it on your child. The school requires, but they can assist you as well. Do not worry much.