Must I consume a lot of herbal supplement in confinement? I read that childbirth drains woman's qi, so she should stock up on specific herbal supplement, soups and dishes to boost energy and blood.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My personal take is that there is no harm in taking the herbal supplements recommended by those who know (such as recommendations from the TCM shops or a TCM practitioner). Pregnancy and delivery do changes a woman's body and it is good to consume food that are beneficial for recovery. Quite a number of my friends bought soup and herbal packs available in the TCM shops. It is difficult to tell the effectiveness of these herbal supplements, as long as it is not harmful to the body, should be fine I guess.

Read more

While I am quite a stickler for tradition, I think the most important part of confinement should be rest, eating and drinking healthily and bonding with baby. If you have a confinement lady or elders at home who recommend you to take such herbal supplements, by all means, you can but if there is no urgent need to do so, I feel that the basic stuff are enough.

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-15444)