Increase size of sac but no heartbeat 7wks

Hi mums, I’m currently 8wks 5 days according to my tracker but when I went gynae last week, she said it was 6wks according to size of the sac. 1 week later today, went back again and increase size of sac but still empty no heart beat. She told me it’s a 50% chance of silent miscarriage…. To see another gynae at NUH for second opinion another week later …. Anyone experience this before?

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi there. I went through the same 3 weeks back. it was supposed to be my first prenatal visit at week 8 but from the scan, we could only see the sac. The gynae mentioned from the size it should only be about 5 weeks, which no matter how I calculated it should not be 5 weeks only. She checked that the sac was in the right place, and my cervic was closed, so she scheduled another review one week later. but the same evening i had bleeding and cramps, I went to the urgent ob&g at kkh, they did a scan and concluded the same as my gynae (5 weeks and confirmed cervic was still close). they suspect it could be a threatened miscarriage and prescribed progesterone. i was hoping everything will turn out fine but that night I had the worst cramps, and the next day I passed tissue, went to kkh again and they confirmed I had a complete miscarriage. I hope all will turn out well for you and your case will not be the same as what I went through. if you can't wait for another week, or if you start to experience cramps or spotting / bleeding, you should go to kkh or another gynae.

Read more
11mo trước

I’m so sorry for your loss. I actually went for a scan last week as well and it was the same no fetal pole and heart beat, according to the size of the sac told to be 6 weeks hence I know at week 7 the size increased slightly. Thanks for advice, I will seek medical attention if I start to have cramps or spotting. Take care 🤍