Breastfeeding

Hi mummy’s I’m a first time mom I know nothing about breastfeeding pls give me advice and share ur breastfeeding story’s with me or give me some tips it will be appreciated thank u #advice #breastfeeding #firstmom I have no idea how to prepare the milk to 😭

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi! I struggled with latching so I did exclusive pumping instead. Initial bf stage (especially if you’re not blessed with good supply) will be hard. I had blocked ducts, sore boobs, sometimes even mastitis if I didn’t control my diet/cleared my boobs well. I took one breast massage session (engaged Mdm Ida) to clear the first blockage and then took sunflower lecithin daily. Switched to handsfree pumps, drink a lot of water and eventually managed to go from undersupply to having my own milk stash! In the meantime, I mix feed. Apply nipple cream after pumping/latching. I use baby consumable coconut oil to apply on my flange during pumping to reduce friction too. If you intend to bottle feed, what i did was to pump with into her milk bottles, put in fridge. End of the day, I combine all my milk and if I have extras, I freeze them. To thaw the next day, you can just bring down from freezer the night before then let it thaw, transfer to bottle then heat up with your bottle warmer. Alternatively, if you’re okay with giving cold milk (I did when she’s around 2M and she’s fine with it, currently 28m no issues), you can just pump and pour whatever she needs, excess put in another bottle then top up with next pump, put in the fridge then feed directly. Above is for just nice supply, if you’re oversupply, store the excess in milk storage bags then freeze them.

Read more