Water Birth

Hello Mummies! Any mummies have try water birth before? Feel like trying water birth for my third pregnancy. 😆 Share your experience mummy 😊

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mom

Hi Idah, My third was a water birth at Thomson Medical and it was a beautiful experience for both my hubby and I. The tub is a bit shallow tho but it really helps you to relax. The nurses kept the temp of the water warm while my husband poured water on my back to help me cope with the surges. We had the lights of the room dimmed and I streamed relaxing music (they’ve got amazing playlists for water birth out there so I used those with a few of my own that I picked) through a portable wireless speaker that we brought in and played it on loop. I honestly feel that the beauty of it was zero interruptions - I birthed how I wanted to, positioned myself the way I wanted. I was on all fours at one point, relaxed in the tub seated at another, lying sideways - I was given the space to listen to my body under the watchful eyes of a midwife which you HAVE to pay for if you want to do a water birth at TMC. The water prevents interventions and holding my baby while in the water after he was birthed was amazing. We only stepped out after the water started to get a little bloody which my husband joked looked like a pool of Ribena. I felt rejuvenated and refreshed and I think the water had a lot to do with it. It helped me conserve a lot of energy and strength. Hope my sharing encourages you to have one too. Oh and Erm, they only allow you to get into the tub at 5cm dilation. It’s weird but well, it’s protocol.

Read more
3y trước

Thank you for sharing mummy! 🥰