Superstitious or fact? Painting/Moving/Assembling of furnitures

Hi mummies, I’ve been told by my grp of friends that it is “pantang” for pregnant mummies to be around when your house is doing painting or even moving of furnitures. Wonder if this is true and what will it cause to my baby? Thank you! #advicemommies

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

its not "pantang" kampung thing is just to prevent from anything to happen to your baby. painting, must try get safe for pregnancy which is not solvent base. and painting will make you tired. ( i just painted my room, super exhausting) while moving also is a bit risk as it might put lots of pressure and may cause you to contract your stomach muscle which is danger for your baby. hope this helps.

Read more

I've painted during my pregnancy currently , with my in law being superstitious. I had a hard time dealing with them telling them like the more U believe the more it will happen . and I rather have a relaxed pregnancy then thinking about all this . if U really want to paint just make sure U wear a mask and well ventilated . honestly only Chinese ppl have such myths .

Read more
5mo trước

Thanks for letting me know in reality! Yea I guess if I’m home I’ll take extra precaution of my health & baby too (:

Yes I hear it too. But as I am also moving and we are shifting around things in the room it’s hard for me to avoid when my husband does drilling, cutting and painting. But I just try not to look at it hopefully it helps Incase it’s pantang but I do see the westerners do alot of renovation and everything still seems okay.

Read more
5mo trước

Thanks for this! (: I’ll try to avoid/look away too when it’s ongoing.

I have been told the same too! Personally I feel they are probably superstitious myths. But no harm just following. If there is loud drilling/knocking of furniture at home, I will avoid by hiding in a room. Maybe too loud baby also dont like? 🤣 Since baby can hear noise now.

5mo trước

Thanks for this! Yea think I’ll probably stay in the living room when it’s ongoing (:

Painting wise scientifically I would think its cause of the smell as its definitely not good. I was sitting around when they were using some chemicals and it made me rly uncomfortable. Moving furniture I just excused myself.