preparation for breast feeding

Hi Mummies. I am a new mom and wondering what preparation I will need before i latch or pump and after care? can you advice? also, how long should we swaddle our baby? #pleasehelp #1stimemom #firstbaby

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Watch YouTube how to u can search sunny huang lactation consultant it was in Chinese. Learn latching position, Hand expressing, pumping, bottle feeding & swaddling, baby sleeping & daily routine… etc List down ur question for during ur lactation consultant visit. Seek her check ur latching position, flange & pump and all ur concern. Prepare lactation tea or cookies to help u boast after give birth. Every mommy body and baby is different. Don’t stress take it easy.

Read more
Super Mom

Hi mama, There’s Erm hmm, not much prep except take good care of yourself :) eating right and hydrating are important as breastmilk contains almost 87% water. As for swaddling, personally, I don’t favour swaddling (unless giving baby a bath) and prefer skin to skin as I feel it’s way more important and beneficial for breastfeeding. Swaddling prevents baby from using their hands to explore…

Read more

Hey Mummy! We're as excited as you are for your breastfeeding journey. 🤱 Worry not, we've got the most comprehensive guide on what you need to prepare and to know about breastfeeding. Check it out here: https://sg.theasianparent.com/tips-on-breastfeeding-newborn

Super Mom

Hi make sure you eat right, drink loads of water to help with milk production.