Hi mummies, I have 2 month old baby and I am on BF. I have craving for steam crab, but had reservation. Does crab affect the baby? And does it also help in milk production? Thanks

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Do your husband or yourself have any allergic reaction history on seafood previously? If either one of you does, you do need to keep a lookout in the baby after you eat the food. Different have different reactions towards different food. My milk does increase when I feast on seafood like prawn or crab, but not when I took those milk booster like fenugreek etc. Mood does affect my production so when I get to eat the food that I am craving for my milk does increase. I will suggest just enjoy everything in moderation is the key. Remember happy mommy, equal happy baby. Breastfeeding should be enjoying for both mommy and the child unless your child is sensitive to some food then you might want to avoid first. Happy breastfeeding!

Read more
Thành viên VIP

crab doesn't affect baby. and sadly it doesn't help in milk production! tried before it doesn't work! no harm eating!! i feast on chili crab!

Read more