mummies how do u protect yr LOs from putting their fingers into the power sockets and player with power plugs etc mine will pull out the safety pin covers.. thanks alot..!

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Mmm.. you have to educate them. Same for all the things that they not suppose to do. Its not about shouting or scolding them. Its about being firm and after you are done you need to let them know you love them. E.g. saw baby put the fingers into the fan, you should go over to the side, dont startle them. Tell them "no no, (name of baby) you get hurt if you put your fingers inside. Please dont do it. Dont touch the fan. Mummy/daddy love you." Then after you got to repeat a few rounds asking if he/she can touch the fan In different occassion. . That how we got our baby to stay away from dangerous stuff..

Read more

I got safety pin covers. And I made it a point to discipline my child when I see him attempting to play with the sockets or anything dangerous for that matter. The thing is - whilst we can put in preventive measures - the crux of the issue is to let our child know these items are not for play. My two cents =)

Read more
Influencer của TAP

You need to be consistent and firm in disciplining your LO that playing with power sockets is not safe. If they insist in doing this, recommend you have a time out corner and let them realise they have done something wrong.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-20877)

I agree with most of the comments here. We have to "educate" our LO on house safety. They may not understand much but if we are consistent enough, im sure they'll understand what are toys and what are off limits.

I use electrical socket caps. They can be purchased at most hardware shops. They do not cost much as well. It has helped me a fair bit. If im not wrong i have also seen it at babies r us. Hope this helps.

8y trước

haha icic yea i guess no other options !!

You cover most of them with tape that is within the reach of your baby is the safest. I know it will bother you a little but as long as baby is there I think we got to bear with little inconveniences.

Put the socket caps and at the same time start educating your LO they can't touch the sockets. Its never too early to teach them :)

Thành viên VIP

Have to explain to her and tell her the dangers involved . They may not understand initially but they will eventually (:

Thành viên VIP

Hi... you might find this article informative https://sg.theasianparent.com/is-your-home-baby-proof-enough