Sleep training

Hello mummies! How did you sleep train your child and at how old. My 4 month old does not take naps longer than 30 mins and putting her to sleep at night is a struggle because it takes almost 1.5 hours to finally get her to sleep. In that 1.5hours, I can be picking her up from her crib at least 4 times and then having to Rock her back to sleep. Her last nap is from 4.30 to 5 and then she is off to bed at 7.30. pls tell me what am I doing wrong. Why is sleeping so hard for her?

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi ! i do not know if this is considered sleep training but at abt 1-2 months plus, it became a habit whereby my baby would sleep on his tummy , on my chest throughout the night. I then realised that was the best way for both my baby and i to get a good nights sleep. When he was going 3 months, i transitioned and made him sleep on his own and thankfully he did. So it became a routine for him to sleep through the night even when its already not on me. I do not know if my way is recommended but this was how my son got used to sleep through the nigh. Hope this helps.

Read more