Epidural or not

Hi mummies, any of you had experiences in births with and without epidural? Will you be able to share your experience and whether you will choose to have an epidural birth or non-medicated birth, having tried both? I’m very conflicted on whether to go with epidural or without.. Thank you in advance!

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Best if you allow yourself to feel the pain first and decide whether you want to use an epidural. If you can handle the contraction pain, and have your own ways to "forget" or "control" the pain, by all means theres no need to use epidural. Just a heads up, if you need epidural.. do ask for it early because once you are having late and intense labour, you can't ask for it anymore. I am giving birth in maybe 2 weeks and its my 4th child 😁 1st: No epidural because i was induced and my cervix open from 3cm to 10cm in 30 minutes. It was not advisable to use. 2nd: Took epidural. 2 hours intense labour and decided to give in but i gave birth 30 minutes later lol. Couldnt even rest 😂😂 3rd: No epidural as my cervix open fast than my 2nd birth. My waterbag burst at home. Had early contraction which was not that painful night before. Woke up with excruciating pain... called ambulance and my contraction was really close. I was 8cm open by the time i reached the delivery suite. Gave birth to my 3rd right away.

Read more
2mo trước

Hi! I think it depends on your body. Some say to stay active like going for a walk, going up the stairs and etc but i feel like its a myth. Just my own theory la. 1st born: i was super active. Sweeping and mopping everyday. Going up the stairs and i never took lift because i was staying at level 2. 2nd & 3rd: i was stagnant. ALWAYS ON THE BED 😂 HAHAHAHA. My husband had to drag me out to have a walk. I was just a lazy person, never even exercise but my labour was still fast. But... what i know that sperm will help to open your cervix faster. So be sexually active from 35 weeks onwards! Some drank Raspberry Tea Leaf to help with their fast labour too. You can try this. 😁