Bottle Feeding Problems

Hello Mummies, my child is about 2.5months now & recently we have been having trouble giving him bottle feed. He will just put the teat in the mouth or tries to move his head away & sometimes gag when the teat is inside the mouth. Other times he will continue sucking but sometimes a feed takes an hour to finish. Does anyone face the same problem? Should i change to another bottle? Im currently using the Avent PPSU natural. What bottle recommendations is there?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello dear mummies! I understand how challenging it can be when your little one is having trouble with bottle feeding. It's common for babies to go through phases where they struggle with feeding, so don't worry, you're not alone in this. Firstly, it's great that you're considering switching to a different bottle if your baby is having difficulty with the current one. Different bottles have different flow rates and nipple shapes, so it might be worth trying out a few options to see what works best for your little one. Some bottle recommendations that are popular among parents include Dr. Brown's, Tommee Tippee, Comotomo, and MAM bottles. These brands offer bottles with various nipple shapes and flow rates, so you may find one that suits your baby's feeding preferences. When introducing a new bottle, it's essential to be patient and give your baby time to adjust. You can try offering the bottle when your baby is calm and hungry but not overly hungry, as this might make it easier for them to accept the new bottle. Additionally, make sure to burp your baby frequently during feeds to reduce discomfort and prevent them from gagging. It's also essential to create a calm and soothing environment during feedings to help your baby relax and focus on feeding. Remember, every baby is unique, so what works for one may not work for another. Don't hesitate to experiment with different bottles until you find the one that works best for your little one. Trust your instincts as a mother, and you'll find a solution that works for both you and your baby. You're doing a fantastic job, mama! Keep up the good work and stay positive. You've got this! ❤️ https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more
4mo trước

Thank you for the most encouraging advice & tips!

Previously i was using comotomo, and my baby will always take a long time to fuss before drinking. Then I changed to Avent’s Natural Response. The teats will only flow milk when baby suckles. And it suits my baby more cos she can “control” the flow. Maybe your baby gag cos the flow too consistent and fast?

Read more
4mo trước

So far ive only been using the Avent’s Natural also so it only flows when baby suckles too so not sure why he gags cause nothing comes out. Maybe he wants a fast flowing instead of waiting for it to come out. Im still not sure on it.

I was using hegen and had problem too. Switch to pigeon soft touch, n was much better.

4mo trước

I seeee alright will try! Thanks for sharing!