Hi Mummies, My baby is 7 days old She often drinks so much milk at night 120 ml, i try to not give her so much but if not give she cant sleep, i feel so scared because as i knew newborn just can drink about 60 ml.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi it is very normal for babies to drink more at night especially for the first two months . My gal used to have buffet sessions between 8-10pm. Babies sometimes know they are going for a long sleep at night and hence tend to do cluster feeding in the evening to prepare for the longer sleep. As the PD has told me babies know when they are full and will reject the milk if they are not hungry. There is no hard and fast rule on how much they should drink. Some babies drink less some drink more

Read more

It's normal. There are several growth spurts in the first month. If baby is drinking then let baby drink. As long as u are not force feeding its ok - baby will reject the bottle when it's enough for them alrdy. Some babies are big drinkers too

Thành viên VIP

it's perfectly normal for babies to drink more especially during the nights. They tend to drink more so usually they feel more full and able to sleep longer. Don't worry about overfeeding, babies will stop when they are full.

Hey dear, it's pretty normal. I would give baby as much as baby needs. My boy was also drinking about 120ml. It was indeed very shocking for me. However babies will drink if they are hungry.

Maybe your diet doesn't produce as full breastmilk for baby. Or maybe your baby stomach can take more ml As long as baby got pee and s*** normally, don't worry so much

Some baby are like that,they love eating at night.