IUGR/FGR, 1.9kg @ 35 weeks

Hi mummies, my baby is at the 3rd percentile weight & currently weighs 1.9kg at 35 weeks. Scheduled to be induced at 37 weeks. Been eating ALOT ever since in the hopes to gain baby weight. Any mummies who had similar experiences? Care to share how can I boost my baby weight & how heavy was your baby at birth? Needing moral support as I am really anxious & worried! Thank you! 💕

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mummy! My baby was all along at a steady weight until week 35 as well where her weight dropped instead of gaining. She was 2.2KG. Gynae asked me to spam all the bbt, durians, proteins and high calorie foods to pump baby. (I didn’t follow cause I scared GD) Anyways, I followed a mummy’s advice and had lots of eggs (without yolks, up to 12 eggs per day) and chicken breast till birth. In between I’ll still have my bbt and whatever I felt like eating for dinner. Baby came out at 2.6KG, 40.3Weeks. I was induced due to low fluid, otherwise my gynae allowed me to wait for baby’s cue. Also, as every pregnancy is different, above is based on mine. Mine was a low risk pregnancy.

Read more
2y trước

Hi mummy! Thanks for sharing! Appreciate this! 💕 I’m glad & happy for you that your gynae allowed you to wait for baby’s cue! ❤️ I was not in favour to be induced at 37 weeks & wanted to push the induction to at least 39 weeks but my gynae doesn’t recommend due to concerns of further complications even though baby was gaining weight steadily. But I guess gynae knows best & act in the best interest of both mummy & fetus.

My baby was at 1.6 percentile and doc was very worried. Said we need to induce at 37 weeks and if blood flow drops may need emergency c section. At 34 weeks baby was only 1.8kg. My doc gave me HL as I was very stressed at work. It really helped. I rested on bed as much as possible and went for short walks. Ate 1 avocado a day, nuts, lentil soup, chicken, eggs, yogurt everyday. The high fat and high protein diet and leave/rest helped so much. In 1 week baby grew to 17 percentile! Was so happy during repeat growth scan at 35 weeks, he was 2.2kg.

Read more
2y trước

I haven't given birth yet, now at week 36!

Thành viên VIP

Hi, i was in the same situation as you. My baby was 1.9-2kg at 35,36 weeks and doctor suggest to induce at 37 weeks old. I went for another detailed scan at 35 weeks as doctor want to find the root cause why baby not gaining weight but everything was fine. So we sticked with induce at 37 weeks old and my baby came out 2.7kg(: It was unexpected! Everything went well since the day I admitted to induce him.

Read more
2y trước

Hi Jeany! Thank you for sharing your experience that greatly assures me! Im glad all went well on your side! 💕

I’m in a similar situation as you! 35 weeks at 2kg and to make things worst, I have GD. Doctor said it’s usually a challenge for GD mums to balance between controlling diet and baby weight gain. She’s also given me permission to eat durian once a week and try to see if baby’s weight can be boosted. I’m also taking a lot of soya milk and nuts. Maybe you can try? Jiayou! 💕

Read more
2y trước

Thank you for your sharing! 💕 Appreciate it! Do you have to be induced? I did highlight to my gynae that I’m not quite in favour of the early induction & if can be pushed further to 39 weeks at least but was not recommended due to concerns of further complications etc

Hi. When I had IUGR at week 20, doctor placed me on HL as she said work stress can affect bb’s growth. Since u r at ur last lap, can consider asking ur doctor for HL? Also I ate eggs, avocado (not the milkshake as I have GD), chicken and loaded up on proteins.

2y trước

Hi! Yes, I’m currently on 3 weeks HL to rest & beef up the bub’s weight as much as I can! Did you had to be induced? If yes, at which week & how heavy was your bubs at birth?

try eating more protein. chicken, eggs. avocado milkshake helps too.

2y trước

Will do! Thank you Suraya!