5 Replies

Hihi, what my doctor said previously was that don’t have to purposely go and cut down on food or increase on food when it comes to baby weight. Unless if you were purposely eating food with a lot of high fat content like avocado etc. My understanding is that baby will take what they need. And a lot of this weight thing is genetics also! Were you or your partner a big baby when you were born? During the second tri my baby was on track/average smaller side, but suddenly balloon in third trimester because I happily go and drink avocado juice and now the projected weight at 40th week is near 4kg. Eating healthy (lots of tofu, veggie, eggs) also makes the baby grow big in my case! Then again, it could be genetics because for my husband side all the babies in prev generation were born between 3.5-3.7kg. Don’t worry too much for your blood sugar and test unless your dr specifically give you eating instructions. If can cut out the added sugars then cut out. Good luck :)

im at 23 weeks now , my baby is large too ! i ate mostly healthy diet , fruits veggies , rice once twice per day small portions.. cut down alot of sugar and salt , i have pcos so my sugar level will always be on higher side . scared for my ogtt in jan eventhough i dont take much sugar 😭maybe our baby is just build big , most important we dont gain too much weight i guess ..

Hi mummy! My baby measured big during the tests too but his weight somehow slowed down and I gave birth to him at 3.2kg at week 38! Also, nearing my EDD I ate calcium tabs on and off cos I was also worried it would affect baby's weight haha

hi dears, how do you guys test for the baby's weight etc? my last scan at KKH was during 20 weeks analomy test. after that my next appt is end jan which is 6 weeks later by then i'll be 26 weeks. curious to know where the scan is done?

Can check with the doctor whenever he/she does a scan for u. The scan was part of a routine check and i think mine was larger than usual that was why doctor told me the weight.

I at wk21. Also large baby at 97% percentile. Doc say nothing to worry for now, but becoz of my age n bmi, 40 yrs and obese, they ask me to do OGTT earlier next week.

Thanks for the assurance! All the best for your OGTT next wk!

Trending Questions

Related Articles