2 Replies

Preparing for delivery can be a mix of excitement and nervousness, especially for first-time moms. It's natural to feel anxious about the unknown, but there are ways to prepare yourself both mentally and physically for the big day. Mentally, it's important to stay positive and surround yourself with supportive people. Consider taking childbirth education classes to understand the process better and alleviate some of the fear of the unknown. Practice breathing exercises and relaxation techniques to help you stay calm during labor. Physically, taking care of your body is crucial. Eating a healthy diet, staying active with gentle exercises like walking or prenatal yoga, and getting enough rest can all contribute to your overall well-being and stamina during labor. Consider discussing a birth plan with your healthcare provider to outline your preferences and expectations for the delivery. As for signs of active labor, every woman's experience is unique. However, common signs include regular contractions that become stronger and closer together, lower back pain, a sensation of pressure in the pelvis, and sometimes a gush of amniotic fluid. Trust your instincts and don't hesitate to contact your healthcare provider if you believe you are in labor or if you have any concerns. Remember, you are strong, and your body is designed for this amazing process. Stay informed, stay positive, and trust in the support around you. You've got this! https://invl.io/cll6she

It varies for individuals, usually contractions hit or when your water bag burst, you still have time to eat and shower before heading to hospital. For my case, I didn’t have any contractions or prelabour symptoms, my waterbag didn’t break till before birth and I was induced (overdue and low fluid). It’s okay to cry, I cried too cause I didn’t know what is gonna happen but the nurses were assuring and nice to me. My entire labour was considered fast and painless (I took whatever pain relievers that were available), the pain only hits me 12 hours later but I managed to sleep thru it. Prepare your hospital bag, IC and all the necessary forms so you can just grab and go. Time your contractions and don’t wait till last minute to go hospital so you can still give yourself some time to absorb whatever is going on. The obvious signs of labour are intermittent contractions and water bag breaking. Also, you might lose your mucus plug a few weeks to days, increased diarrhoea before labour. In the meantime, like I always advise my friends is, don’t go and read up on people’s birth stories or process. You’re just gonna scare yourself out. Wishing you a smooth delivery! ☺️

Trending Questions

Related Articles