High risk for Trisomy 18

Hey Mommies. Did a blood test & Dr reviewed that baby is at high risk for structural deformity (trisomy 18). Worried if baby will be ok. Any mummies experienced the same?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mummy, I’m in a similar situation - did an NT screening and found several abnormalities on ultrasound. Doc recommended to skip NIPT and do more specific genetic testing instead - I did a CVS and we are waiting to hear back on the genetic test results. You may want to ask your doctor about further genetic testing or appropriate course of action. All the best!

Read more

I have friends who was reviewed high risk, but baby was fine after they went for further test for confirmation .

Did you already do the NIPT test ? If no, suggest you to go for it as that’s more accurate than the FTS.

Did the gynae ask you to do further test? Hope everything will turn out well. 🙏🏻

2t trước

Gynae asked what was our intention (i.e. to glow with the flow regardless of result or to terminate if baby has deformity). We prefer to go with the flow. I think, with that, gynae did not suggest to go the more accurate test. I am hoping baby will be fine 😪😪

can do further amnio or cvs test to be sure