How to stop milk supply

Im planning to go full FM for my newborn and want to stop exclusive pump (not able to latch). Can I go to polyclinic for the medication to stop milk production? Any mummies using medication to stop milk supply and is it effective ? Any side effect? Does it work instantly or need few days #FTM #firsttimemom

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I heard from some of my friends that after they take the medication their boobs size gets smaller than pre pregnancy? Not sure if it is true. Definitely will need a few days to stop the supply. Do you want to try to do the natural way. Maybe u want to drag your pump timing bit by bit. coz lesser pump will have lesser demand and produce lesser milk. But this may take some time. Hopefully this helps you.

Read more

I go for medication one. True enough my boobs shrink lol. Doc gave 2 days worth of tablet, you might feel engorged for about 3 days to a week (depends on ur supply, mine is not a lot so took 3 days for the engorgement feeling to be gone) but dont pump, u can hand express instead to relieve some of it, pls use breast pads as well

Read more
7mo trước

I am a week post medication and yup my boobs really shrink 🥵 and yes i was still engorged for a week or so then started leaking then now no more

my gynae say just don't express pr touch the boobs for 1-2 days then it will not produce milk if the milk stays in the body. if fever then just take panadol. don't know true or not

I hear the medication is super effective until you won’t ever get breastmilk supply if you ever decided to have more children in future. If you can live with this then go for it

Some people say put cold cabbage on ur breast and it will stop