Too tired for any exercises

I'm currently w17 and have less pregnancy symptoms than I had in 1st trim. I read about the importance of exercising during pregnancy and started 2 days ago with some light stretching and walking for 30mins. Another reason is that I have constipation and my gp has asked me to walk and move a bit more. Is feeling sore on the lower abdomen and tiredness normal after walking? On the other hand, I'm seeing my gynae once every mth now. May i know how often do mamas (2nd trim on wards) see gynae to check on baby? #advicepls #firsttimemom

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Once a month checkup from start of 2nd trimester unless you have a complicated pregnancy. Normal to feel sore and tiredness after walking but it’s a thin line between normal tired and over exertion. I think the ultimate check is how well you are coping with the light exercise (to some who are completely sedentary previously light exercise may be a stretch for them). Also do you suffer light bleeding from the walk. If yes you’re over exerting and please get checked by gynae. Also do walk at a slower pace than normal because pregnant women pant easier, easier to get short of breath.

Read more

hello! i totally feel u. i also tried to do some exercise i.e. walking. climbing few stairs i will feel breathless so i can only do normal walking. so noob. i dont experience much pain when i walk. now im 16+ weeks. i dont dare to do too much exercise or risky stuff as this is my 2nd pregnancy. 1st pregnancy ended up stillbirth at 28 weeks.

Read more