Urgent - 38 weeks pregnant (first time) baby not engaged

Hello all, I’m 38 weeks pregnant (first time) and my baby has not engaged yet, dropped in pelvis, but in head down position. My OBGYN (private practice) has said that we might have to go for planned c-sec. He doesn’t recommend to wait for going into labor naturally and then if required doing an emergency c-sec as it will go very expensive. Would appreciate if anyone that has gone through similar situation share their experience. Also for people who have gone through emergency c-sec in private hospitals, would you mind sharing the total cost including doctor’s fee? Thank you so much for help. #1stimemom #firstbaby #advicepls #pleasehelp

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am 39w1d and still waiting game for me. I am aiming for vbac and doc gave me until 40w2d. unless there no other health risks, I don't see the point doc want to push you for a csect. plus, I read sometimes baby can be engaged during the labour day itself. if u really want to try for natural, I suggest you wait it out. there are a few ways u can try to encourage baby to engage on YT you can try.

Read more

I’m a FTM. I was only 1cm dilated at week 40D3, waterbag was burst by nurses at 7cm.. My gynae (also private) let me wait for baby’s cue but I had to be induced due to low fluid. I gave birth naturally 6 hours after inducing.

Considering you are still at 38weeks i think its best to wait. Avoid unnecessary csection.