Any mummy had bad news from doctors after their ultrasound at 20 weeks? Be it trisomy 18 or 13 or 21

I am just wondering how do u cope with the bad news received. I know the option they give is somewhat a termination of pregnancy. But how do u even think of terminating your baby when u know ur baby has been kicking in your stomach.? Also, how do u prepare yourself for a miscarriage since the success rate is very low even when u plan to keep the pregnancy. Dont mind me. Im really wondering if theres any experienced mummy out there that dont mind sharing.

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

I was told that my baby has severe fetal growth restriction at around week 20. I'm also high risk of preeclampsia. My gynae told me that potentially, baby may have genetic issues which causes the slow growth. I was also told to be mentally prepared that baby's heart may stop during pregnancy and I'm likely to deliver prematurely. My husband and I discussed very hard and almost wanted to terminate it, but you're right.. just can't bear to say no when my baby's heart is beating and seeing him move and kick. With all these in mind, my husband and I are mentally prepared but at the same time, we tell ourselves not to think so much because theres nothing we can do at this point but to take care of myself so that my baby has the best possible chance to fight. I came to realise that babies are little warriors and you'll be surprise how strong and resilient they are. I hope for the very best to you regardless of your decision. Take care!

Read more