Breast pump after birth

I am thinking of getting a hands free pump like BeNude from baby express, instead of the usual hospital grade Spectra, Medela etc. Is a hands free pump sufficient for the first few weeks in and out of hospital? Heard the first few days in hospital need to use manual pump, nursing time for first few months needs the hospital grade electric pump and back to work needs a handsfree. I don't want to spend on so many types and I think hands free will suit me best, but not sure of its efficacy.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I have handsfree pump but still use traditional flange type. I use spectra s1 and baby express be mini at home. The be mini travel set can be use when i am back in office too. I find that baby express and spectra performance about the same. So dont think you need so many pump. Just need one that fits all purpose. I prefer traditional flange type cause when i need to pump more than once in the office, i just need to buy and prepare more flange and dont need to wash every time i pump. Handsfree like more items to wash and i feel that its more bulky. Handsfree is more useful if you want to multitask and be discreet. Flange type can also be handsfree when paired with the correct nursing bra, just not discreet. The first few days in hospital i never use any pump. Hospital have their own pump and you can use theirs if you need.

Read more

baby express pump is good enough I didn't use any pump during hospital stay