I received feedback from my toddler (2.5yo) nursery teacher that he has been scratching and pinching the children and teachers in sch! Teacher said nobody provoked him and his actions were not targeted at anyone in particular. Any advice why this happened and how to solve this problem. Can share experience, if any. We talked to him but the improvement fluctuates. Has been going on for a week

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Maybe he finds it hard to communicate hence uses pinching/ scratching to get his point across. Talk to him and explain why he shouldn't do that and teach him to use words to verbalise his feelings. My Son used to say "don't like (person's name)". After awhile we realise he is saying he don't like something that person did. So we teach him to verbalise... eg "I don't like mommy!" "U don't like Mommy to do what??" "I don't like Mommy to scold me"

Read more

Usually for cases like this. We try to observe if the behaviour is done at home and in school. Of its only at school then I'll ask the teachers for their assistance to observe.its quite hard because they are young. You can try to talk to your child and ask if anything happened?.

7y trước

Seems like nothing (eg bullying) happened.. i feel may be hard for teachers to 100% observe as well cos too many kids.. i m teaching my lo how to verbalise more n i hope that ll help..

Did the teacher mention what he was doing at that point in time?

7y trước

Not really, i should ask abt this too, thks!