Mums living in BTOs, where will your NB be sleeping?

I read online that it’s safer and recommended for newborns to sleep near their parents in their first 6 months. Was initially thinking of setting up a small bassinet by the bed and putting baby there, before transiting her to a bigger cot in her own room around the 5th month mark before I return to work. However we are concerned that baby won’t take to the cot after sleeping in the bassinet (plus $$) so now we’re thinking of putting the entire cot in our MBR. Secondly, where do you change baby’s diapers at night? On the bed? Or do you have a dedicated diaper changing station in the room? LOL. So confused.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, my 1st born sleep beside us. we bought the cot with 1 side being able to put up or down when needed. For diaper changing, we bought those portable waterproof changing mat & place it on our bed whenever we need to change the diapers or wipe down baby.

8mo trước

Thanks! This is my plan as well

I recommend putting baby at the baby cot itself from the start so theyll be used to it. Usually they have a diaper changer whereby you can put it on top of the cot

11mo trước

Thanks! We are leaning to getting a cot from the start too. Will explore getting the changing caddy topper.