Weaning tips - help

Hi, I need tips for weaning currently my girl latch to sleep in terms of school she is drinking dutch lady chocolate milk - ps she dislike fm or normal milk taste tried and tested. She is already 26 mths hence the reason why it hurts too as she suck deeply. Maybe now she latch due to the night routine, i didn’t want to introduce bottle as I’m scared the weaning would be difficult. Please help, she currently still awake at nights to latch due to the routine. How to explain to my husband too? As my girl latch then will always ask for more but she already latch if I didn’t give she will cry murder #tiredmama

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there, fellow tired mama! I completely understand how challenging this phase can be. Weaning, especially when your little one is so attached to the routine, can be tough. But don't worry, you’re not alone in this, and there are some strategies that might help smoothly transition. 1. **Gradual Weaning**: Start by gradually reducing the number of breastfeeding sessions. You can replace one session at a time with other comforting routines like reading a bedtime story or cuddling. 2. **Introduce a Comfort Object**: A favorite stuffed animal or blanket can provide comfort when she wakes up at night and looks for that soothing latch. This can become her new bedtime buddy. 3. **Change the Sleep Routine**: Since she associates latching with falling asleep, it might help to change her bedtime routine. You could introduce calming activities like a warm bath, gentle massage, or quiet play before bed. Consistency is key, so try to follow the new routine every night. 4. **Offer Alternatives**: Since your girl enjoys Dutch Lady chocolate milk, you can offer that as a substitute during those times she would usually latch. It’s familiar and something she already likes. 5. **Night Weaning**: For night weaning, you might need to enlist the help of your husband. Sometimes having dad step in can help break the cycle of waking up to latch. He can offer comfort and help soothe her back to sleep. 6. **Communication**: Explain to your husband that weaning is a process and his support is crucial. Maybe have him read some articles or talk to other dads who have gone through similar experiences. His understanding and involvement can make the transition smoother for both you and your daughter. 7. **Stay Strong and Consistent**: There will likely be some tears and resistance, but staying consistent and calm will help her adjust. Remember, it’s okay if the process takes time. Every child is different, and what works for one might not work for another. Also, since she’s still quite young, you might want to consider using a maternity corset to support yourself as you go through this weaning process. You can check out this product [here](https://invl.io/cll7h96). You’ve got this, mama! It’s a tough journey, but with patience and persistence, you’ll both get through it. Sending you lots of strength and hugs! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more
Influencer của TAP

every child is unique... hope this phases passes quickly