Food with rice wine (in soup)

I love wawa lala beehoon soup but it is made using rice wine. I used to eat it often before pregnancy but i stopped eating it after i got pregnant. However, im wondering if soup with rice wine is ok to consume? Cos im thinking if the alcohol would have evaporated after cooking? But honestly i don’t know. Anyone ate cooked food that uses rice wine during pregnancy? I do crave for that beehoon soup but i dont dare to eat 🥲

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Research has showed that 40% of alcohol remains after cooking and causes developmental delays in kids. Please don't be misled by waiters/chefs who claims that it's evaporated away. Nor be led by old school misconceptions. Here's a post I shared on this topic: https://community.theasianparent.com/q/alcohol-not-safe-babies-causes-brain-behavioral-delays-interrupts-with-ch/5077595?d=android&ct=q&share=true

Read more

I still eat anything that contains alcohol during cooking. Eg; Seafood pasta with white wine, red wine braised short ribs and didnt stop using rice wine or mirin in Asian cooking during pregnancy.. Drinking a whole bottle of wine probably not reccomended but a very small amount of alcohol in cooking is totally fine 😁

Read more

I had xo fish soup 2 weeks back at week 15. I’ve read somewhere that food cooked in alcohol would be evaporated and content ain’t too high or even zero. So it should be fine!