Period while breastfeeding

I know it's possible to have your period early even if you're fully breastfeeding (though it's not so common). I had my first period 2.5 months after birth, and I worry that having period early will mess with my milk supply. Any mummies experienced this before? Am thinking if I should start buying formula milk in case my supply dips 😢

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Experiencing your period while breastfeeding is a common concern for many new mothers. It's not unusual to have your period return earlier than expected, even if you are exclusively breastfeeding. The return of your period can vary from person to person. Having your period early does not necessarily mean that it will negatively impact your milk supply. Some mothers find that their milk supply remains unaffected, while others notice a temporary dip. It's essential to stay well-hydrated, eat a balanced diet, and continue breastfeeding frequently to maintain your milk production. If you are concerned about a potential dip in your milk supply, there are several steps you can take before considering formula milk. Increasing your breastfeeding sessions, ensuring proper latching, and incorporating lactation-friendly foods and supplements into your diet can help support milk production. It can also be helpful to speak with a lactation consultant or your healthcare provider for tailored advice and support. They can offer personalized guidance based on your specific situation. Remember, every mother's breastfeeding journey is unique, and seeking support can make a significant difference. If you find that you need to supplement with formula milk, it's important to choose a high-quality option that complements breastfeeding. Additionally, maintaining skin-to-skin contact, practicing responsive feeding, and prioritizing your own well-being can all contribute to a positive breastfeeding experience. Remember that it's entirely normal to have concerns about your milk supply and your period while breastfeeding. Connecting with other experienced mothers who have been through similar experiences can provide valuable insights and reassurance. Trust in your body's ability to adapt and reach out for support when needed. You are doing a great job as a mother, and taking care of yourself is essential for caring for your little one. https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

My period came back around 8m (I bf till 18m), not much affect on my supply (during period) until I started dragging pump sessions.

Influencer của TAP

this prob varies across individuals