Over supply milk

I have too much milk. My one pump always hit 250-290ml My left boob is roughly 100-130ml , my right boob is 140–160ml I managed to drag my pumping time from 3 hours to 4 hours 30 mins But I’m still pumping so much milk! I am trying to decrease my milk supply . I’ve too much milk that I’m always having let down and my baby don’t wanna latch on me because she always get choke and it squirts in her mouth too fast and she gets really unhappy thus no latching means I’m always engorged and I just recovered from mastitis two weeks ago. I want to wean off and lessen my milk but at this amount I’m pumping.. I don’t know how long will it take. I’m producing so much milk that if I drag to 5 hours plus , confirm I’ll be engorged and have mastitis again. WHAT CAN I DO. I’m so tired I’m going crazy .

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

First thing, take a breath and relax… I have same experience too with my first child. My child too always choke during bf. What I do is I followed what my doc teach me. During breastfeeding your child, hold and let go your nipple. This is to control the amount and pressure of the milk go out when your child suck the nipple thus prevents her from choking. Set time how long the gap you want to bf your child. Every 2 hours? every 3 hours? Every 4 hours? You set your timing. If you still feel your breast heavy with milk after feeding your baby, then pump out the balance. Or you can also do like this: give feed 1 breast, and pump out the other breast. Then for next session feeding, give the one that you pump before and pump out the other one. It’s normal to get breast engorgement if your child not latching correctly every time bf. Me too get so much stress during that time but I’m able to manage it at last 😌

Read more