Is 20 weeks scan suppose to.be painful?

I had my 20 weeks detailed scan yesterday at kkh. The whole process took ard 2 hrs as they need to do a really detailed scanning and measuring of baby's development etc. There was 2 nurse accessing me. The first young nurse was gentle. She did most of the measuring. She asked if its too.pinful as she pressed. As she couldnt detect the lips of the baby after so many tries, she told me that she will asked a senior nurse to do it. But this second nurse was really pressing it my tummy so hard that it hurts. And keep making the "tsk tsk" sound coz couldnt see the lips as baby covers with his hand. My tummy is still very damn painful today from all the pressings. I need to come back for another scan next monday. Anyone experience the same? 😔

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hmm my scan at kkh was quite fast just by one person, pressure was a bit strong but after a while got used to it alrdy.. think mine took like 15min, think they need to capture certain things.. Mayb they cannot get what they want so they will schedule again that’s what I heard during my FTS the other time

Read more

Mine wasn’t painful tho, just like normal ultrasound at the gynae’s. However mine wasn’t at KKH but at Novena~ Can try drinking sweet/cold drinks, walk around to get baby to move. You probably encountered a rough and impatient sonographer..

She is a chinese lady, im not too sure if she is local or not. but i remembered her name clearly 😪 ya she was very impatience and rough. literally like pressing hard on the tummy.

Mine wasn’t uncomfortable at all, sonographer was patient and nice. Mine was at novena. I rmb reading an old post from here about an impatient KKH one so maybe that’s her ..

isit some China lady? she's v impatient tho, encountered befr too