So tired but husband unable to take care of baby

I am first time mum btw, husband works in the day so I take care of baby in the day and at night we share the responsibilities. However hubby can't make the baby sleep, can't feed the baby, the only thing he can do is change baby diaper and so everything else I have to do myself. For your info, husband can't make baby sleep because his "tactic" is to stuff pacifier into baby screaming mouth and that's it. I tell him to carry baby and rock him, but he just do like a robot and baby screaming like no tmr and I have to take him back. Thought to let him practice more but after a few days he show me his arms saying baby gave him rashes so he gonna try other method. He tries putting baby in those movable cot and push it and seems like a bit working, though takes very long, but after a few days he say his arms and leg breaking with this way. In the end always end up i put baby to sleep. Feeding milk also the same. Baby always screams when he feeds. He very robot, don't know how to soothe baby, just take out bottle when baby arch his back and stuff it back in his mouth when he screams. Then tell me baby don't want to drink. I thought of just asking him to change bb diaper only and wash bottles, but then he will be deprived of learning and bonding with baby. What to do? Haiz...

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

my husband was like that with newborn too! it gets better after 2-3months.