Work and pregnancy

I am currently working as a nurse and pregnant at the same time. It’s been so hard for me to balance out work life as a pregnant nurse. I’m feeling like it’s leading me to depression and anxiety due to the workload . But there is still nurses who work and their pregnant. But is it bad that only I feel this way ? I don’t know what to do as it’s my probation period.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there mummy to be, Read through your concerns and felt your frustrations in the current situation you’re facing. Personally, l’m also a nurse currently on my second pregnancy third trimester. And yes, the process of pregnancy was tired and work was overwhelmed with lots of things i have to deal with. I still deal with bed bound patients, and their family wellbeing, and yes i still serve meds, perform showing, diapers changes, turning, dressing, etc. My point is that yes, there is many nurse mummies going through what your feeling now, and your not alone. Healthcare workers may be more anxious on our pregnancy and how healthy we could sustain when we have all the LACKS: Lacks of sleep/Lacks of toilet breaks/Lacks of drinking water/Lacks of eating on time. And the joke is patients ask me to be more concern about my pregnancy when i spend most of the time caring for their needs😅. Furthermore, healthcare worker tends to overthink especially we know more about the conditions/potential issues we may face in our pregnancy. These are my suggestions: 1. Talk to your managers/seniors about what you’re facing. Tell them that you felt depressed, we are not sure if your experiencing “Antenatal depression”, is very real and legit how you felt. 2. Ask your doctors for some break(MC/HL), understand your on your probations, however my advice is that rest is more important. As the pregnancy journey still long. 3. Talk to your husband or loved ones, so they can help you physically and emotionally in the journey. 4. Recognise that your vulnerable at this point (pregnant), and don’t worry about affecting others as you need support. Lastly, please take care, your baby felt all your emotions in you, be strong for yourself and your Little one. The journey to motherhood still long, be prepare and don’t surrender at the beginning of the battle. Fighting💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻😊

Read more
6d trước

Such an amazing reply. Thank you so much ❤️ !!

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-5233446)

don't feel bad for feeling this way, every pregnancy for different people is different. are your colleagues and bosses understanding? can they offer you anything that might help at work?

2t trước

Yes but I don’t know how to put into words in telling them.