preschooler advice?

I just attended my kids' PTC today. both my kids attend preschool at PCF sparkletots, their teachers are great & so is the environment. I was told that my 4yo in her N2 class is extremely advanced, especially as compared to the rest of her peers n as a result is mostly bored in class or will lash out towards her classmates at times if they don't manage to keep up with her sometimes. She articulates her speech very well, speaks in full sentences n can problem solve on her own when encountering difficulties, her teacher told me that she has also been actively engaging with them to "teach" the rest of the class. My question is, what would u guys suggest i do in terms of her education? I fear she may completely lose interest in school if she continues being bored due to things not being stimulating/challenging enough Prior to entering playgroup with them, I did think of enrolling her in montessori preschools as she has always shown signs of being bored when things are too rigid or easy.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Wow, it sounds like you have a very bright and independent little one on your hands! It's great that her teachers are recognizing her advanced abilities, but it can be tough when she's feeling bored or frustrated in class. One suggestion could be to have a chat with her teachers and see if there are any extra activities or challenges they could provide for her during class time. Maybe they could give her some more complex tasks or even allow her to help out with certain activities to keep her engaged. You also mentioned considering a Montessori preschool for her, which could be a great option since they often cater to children's individual learning styles and paces. It might be worth looking into different preschool options to see if there's a better fit for her. At home, you could also try to provide her with more stimulating activities and learning opportunities to keep her engaged and challenged. This could be through games, puzzles, books, or even just encouraging her to explore new interests. It's important to find the right balance between challenging her and letting her be a kid, so she doesn't lose interest in learning. Good luck with everything, and remember, every child is unique, so trust your instincts as a parent! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

I think you already know best what to do for her best interest! Yes it’s a must to keep kids engaged at their level. Will suggest to find another place that can engage at her level.

Influencer của TAP

👏🙏💕

💕