Confinement Nanny

Hi! May I ask 1. When should we start engaging and book a confinement nanny? I got a recommendation from a gf who just gave birth recently…but instead of hiring the nanny privately, I prefer to engage her through agency still, cos want to have a back up plan/ replacement if we have to replace the first nanny during confinement due to covid or any other reasons. 2. If hire through agency (confinement angels in this case), am I able to choose a particular nanny? Thanks! Will be grateful for any advice:)

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

1. I agree the earlier the better, especially this year might have more babies due to dragon year. After clearing the FTS, we booked. Whether agency or private, there is full refund should anything happen to the pregnancy. 2. Sorry I don't know about confinement angels, but for PEM agency can choose nanny if she is available, but top up $250 for choosing, and top up $400 for gold nanny. Hence we decided to go private.

Read more

1. The earlier the better, especially when you mentioned you have a preferred nanny in mind. 2. Based on the nanny’s availability.

This year engage one as soon as a few weeks pregnant, if not your ability to choose becomes almost impossible

Usually 6 months in advance just secure a nanny first :)