How to teach a toddler not to become stubborn?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Be clear and consistent, set a limit and be firm make sure he/she can follow. Do allow he/she to run and play as toddles like to keep moving. Make sure he/she gets plenty of physical activity and time to explore every day – especially outdoors. Unless they're sleeping, toddlers shouldn't be inactive for more than an hour at a time. Being active does more than help your toddler improve muscle control, balance, and coordination. When you play games with he/her where you each take turns, such as kicking a ball back and forth, he/she'll get practice exercising self-control. As she masters a new physical skill, she'll also gain self-confidence. And the more confident she is, the more well-behaved she's likely to be.

Read more

I was laughing to myself when I read this question :-) This is every parents' dilemma :-) What we do at home is that we are consistent. If hubby says no to the kid, even if I disagree, I have to say no. I don't want him to be running to him pleading for a yes because his father says no. If I say yes, he will loose his respect for his father. And also, for us, no means no. No negotiation and we are stingy with our nos to as we don't want to take it back later on. Early on, you have to show them that you are the boss. Just because he fusses and whines in public does not mean that he will get what he wants. My lo is still stubborn from time to time but I guess that is just part of growing up.

Read more

We pretty much can't do anything about a toddler's kakulitan. They have this incomparable drive to get things, because that's how they feed their curiosity. But when the kid has got the best of you, you have no choice but to go back again on square one. Fervently, continuously and tirelessly correct your kid's action no matter how tedious it may get. That way, they can bend towards what's right--not really right away, but gradually, I guess.

Read more

By saying NO to them, you have to slowly tell them why you say NO to them. Let them know what is what and not just a NO to them. (If you are asking someone and the person keep on only say NO to you, how you feel) If like , they are playing something danger you stop them by saying NO. You have to slowly tell them why I stop you because of danger by if you do that you hurt yourself and there will be blood on you or you will cut yourself.

Read more

It starts with early discipline, and making sure that you as a parent are being consistent with the lessons you're trying to teach your children.