How do you pump in an airplane? What are the rules?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

Great question and as a frequent flyer mummy I have never ran into any troubles before. In fact the airlines and aircrew have been nothing but supportive of my breastfeeding journey. Here are some steps I recommend 1. Prepare a cooler or fridge to go to bring along on your journey. 2. Prepare some frozen ice packs 3. Remember to pack your milk bags and charge your pump before the flight 4. When checking in, tell the counter staff that you are a breastfeeding mum and need to pump. You should request for an empty row if available, so you can pump in your seat if possible. My experience has shown me that asking nicely and explaining tht you plan to pump in your seat, generally gets you a full row to yourself 5. Pump at your seat but do use a shawl or blanket to cover up. 6. Transfer the milk into a milk bag and place it in the cooler bag with the ice packs. 7. Pass the whole cooler bag (with used bottles and expressed milk) to the stewardess to store in the chiller.

Read more
Post reply image
8y trước

When at hotel, pass it to the hotel to freeze. When on the way back use Freezer-to-go. To pass thru immigration, carry copy of baby's birth cert and also pack up the milk in under 100 ml portion in the milk bag.