How often should your baby be having growth spurts? Mine is having growth spurt (I think, since become crazy hungry, need to feed every 30min) every other week, is this normal? Mummy daddies what are your experiences?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My LO has had growth spurt a couple of times for the first 3 months, with each spurt lasting a couple of days to a week. The feeding is about 1-2 hours gap between each feeding,. Every 30 imo is too frequent, cause seems like after feeding and burping, it's feeding time again. We did adjust by increasing the feed volume and have more frequent lower feed volume of milk. I would suggest to have shift pattern between the care givers to take turn during this short growth spurts period as it's physically and mentally demanding.

Read more

Common times for growth spurt are during the first few days and around 7-10 days, 2-3 weeks, 4-6 weeks, 3 months, 4 months, 6 months, and 9 months. Different baby may react differently. When baby grow older and they gets more active then they will feed more as breast milk digest very easily. My baby is 8 months now and he still feeds 1-2 hourly.

Read more

Agreed with Reine, if your baby needs to drink, just let him/her do so. Don't be stress as it will affect the supply. Just relax and enjoy the moment for the time being, and it won't be Long till Your baby will outgrown the routine when he/she starts solid food.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-4702)