Always hungry

How do I deal with a child who is always always always hungry?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I'd choose always hungry over poor appetite anyday! If the kid is hungry, just feed and feed and feed. For me, that's a happy problem :) but be mindful, though, if the child's weight still falls on the normal range. If not, then that's a different story.

You just have to prepare 3 full meals a day which includes all the basic food groups- protein, fats and carbohydrates. Try to avoid snacking and if you must, give nuts and fruits instead of food with empty calories like sodas and candies.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-13112)

Thành viên VIP

But I also think that it’s ok to give them smaller meals. Because their stomach is still developing and still small, you don’t want to over feed them with big meals. Rather, I choose to give my kids smaller meals.

I guess just feed him/her. If that's what the kid's body signals as a need, it's best to satisfy and not to deprive. Maybe the kid's appetite is just really that big.

Is your toddler a boy? Then that's just normal. Boys are always hungry. But if it really concerns you get him checked for possible de-worming.

If your child is physically active, that's normal. Feed him frequently in small portions. Just avoid junkfood. Crackers and milk are fine.

educate them in a way na there is proper time for meals :) Disciple also follows :)

Thành viên VIP

Give them smaller meal, & healthy snack like fruits