Grandma is spoiling my child

How do you get grandparents to respect a child's sleep time and bed time routine?

30 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

I personally take care of my child actually but this time of pandemic me and my husband decided to switch of taking care of my baby because i need to work temporarilly. My child is spoiled with my in laws but they have thier limitations too so i trust them for taking care of my baby together with my husband❤

Read more
Thành viên VIP

Both you and hub have to be firm and consistent about sleep times. My #1's bedtime was very early when he was under 1 yo, 7pm he is in bed already. Even CNY reunion dinners we would not bring him for those late night dinners. My parents or relatives want to say whatever they want I don't care. My child needs sleep.

Read more

Lolx... ya, i guess many responses gave very good suģgwstion. However, there is the other side why some grandparent chose not to follow any rules we implement, becos being special and drop them off rules makes them look like the best people. 🤣

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-36162)

Influencer của TAP

talk to you hub ask him talk to them. if it can't works, show them that baby needs to sleep for development reports. if still cannot tell them straight in their face and be firm.

Maybe can let them know in advance eg 30min before their bedtime, let grandparents know ahead so they can plan how to spend the time together? :)

Try to explain to them and convince them the importance of sticking to a sleep time routine. Also must monitor them from time to time.

Thành viên VIP

Just tel them nicely or give examples in a joking manner about kids not getting enough sleep. They should understand (:

Thành viên VIP

I personally take care of my child .. I don’t want to depend on them better talk with them if u think so

if its my own mum, I'll talk and explain to her. if its my MIL, I'll get husband to talk to her.