5 Replies

My best friend's husband went through a bout of daddy postnatal blues because he felt helpless for not being able to help his wife who was having lactating issues and it didn't help that he was working in shifts and barely at home. He kept it to himself for the longest time but eventually broke down when his wife noticed his subtle changes. She was shocked that he didn't think to discuss about his worries to her. They had a long talk about everything and things got better after that. So if you ask me, communicating with your partner is the best thing to do in situations like this. Mommy and daddy are in this for the long haul; if you can't talk to each other about such stuff, then it's just gonna continue to mutate into more negative energies. Also, my best friend's husband opened up to his other daddy friends in case there are issues he is more comfortable discussing with his male friends.

Just to give some information on this condition. It is possible for dads to go through postpartum depression. This condition is called Paternal Postnatal Depression (PPND). It could be caused by hormonal changes. Men’s hormones go through changes during the pregnancy as well, their testosterone level decreases while estrogen level increases. These changes will cause some men to be more susceptible to depression after the birth of their newborn. It could also be caused by the added stress and anxiety. Take a look at this article to understand more about the condition: http://www.parents.com/parenting/dads/sad-dads/ I believe knowing the symptoms and talking to family and friends would help. It is best to recommend professional help if you notice any of your friends displaying any symptoms.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-4446)

VIP Member

Anonymous posts here on what's bothering them could help, to have some people to talk to, at least they would know it's fairly common and others are going through similar things

I am glad you brought this topic up. I think dads dont get the support we mums get and it's important that we shine the spotlight on them