Have any other parents ever been concerned that their child might love their yaya more than them? I feel like my kid spends more time with her than me, and it sounds ridiculous but it's something that worries me!

3 Các câu trả lời
 profile icon
Viết phản hồi

you are not alone. most of working parents, especially those who are abroad, worry about this matter. and I know and feel that as much as you want to spend more time with your child, you just cant because you are working hard for his/her future. constant communication will be one of the keys in maintaining a good and harmonious relationship with your child. and yes, I agree about making sure that your child knows why you have a limited time for him/her. and make sure that whenever you do, make your bonding moments always the best experience for him/her--something that your child will look forward to bonding again with you. quality over quantity. :)

Đọc thêm

As per my husband that grew up with a yaya, this happened to him and her sister. There was a time that they want to stay with their yaya more than their parents. This also bothers me so I resigned and still thinking about coming back to work.

If your child spends more time with their yaya than you, then I guess it's a valid concern. Just make sure that your child understands why you're not spending enough time with him or her, and make up for it when you get the chance.