Private or subsidised

Hi all, FTM here, just tested positive and is around week 4 now. Not sure what to do from here onwards and if private or subsidised route is better(in terms of waiting time etc) have been thinking of subsidised first then change to private too, but am not sure how's the procedure like. Would love to read some experience from fellow moms here! Thanks in advanced! #adviceplease #firstmom #newmom

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I went for the subsidised route first by going to the polyclinic to get a referral letter. I will see if I want to change to private later on. Previously I also went for the subsidised route to treat infertility at SGH. I feel whether it's subsidised or private, sometimes you will just have to wait because previous appointment may be delayed or doctor went for delivery etc. It was told to me that the main difference is that I cannot choose a doctor if I go subsidised route. The doctor may be different each time I go for my appointment but since I am not sure which doctor is good too, I decided to go for subsidised route first then decide later on.

Read more

I see. May I know how long does it takes to get an appointment after the polyclinic visit?

1mo trước

it depends on the availability, sometimes 2 weeks!

It was about 8 working days after I called in.

2mo trước

ohh. then how long away was the given appointment date ?