breastmilk

Hi ftm here! I just give birth to my baby on sept 9 and from there on I've tried to breastfeed but I really couldn't. So I bottle feed my baby instead and my milk supply is alot from the start. I'm starting to try to breastfeed my baby again but I don't know if my baby will want the nipples. But I've tried a few times and it succeeded is just that it's not enough for my baby.Anyone experiencing this?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mom

It’s wonderful that you want to try again!:) There’re a few things you can try to boost your breastmilk supply.. - alternate the breasts for feeding and ensure baby drains the milk from each breast completely, so that your body knows it needs to produce more milk faster - eat and drink well. You’ll need a lot of fluids, protein (fish, meat, etc) and carbohydrates. Red dates/oats, etc can also boost the supply. - power pumping using your breast pump —> multiple times in succession. People have recommended different durations, so you can see what you’re comfortable with. An example would be: pump for 10min, rest for 5min (and repeat 3 times). If you’re breastfeeding your baby every 3hrs, you can try this at the 1.5hr mark. It tells your body that it needs to produce milk within a shorter span of time. Hope this helps a little!

Read more
Influencer của TAP

Have you tried to eat a healthy diet? Milk supply also come from food too.