Night feeding

Hi, first time mummy here so I am still learning as I go. Understand that different babies behaves differently. Recently went for my 1 year old check up and doctor said it is not normal that my 1 year old still requite night feeding. He suggested that I give my son late dinner so that he can sleep longer at night. However, my son eats small frequent meals. I tried to extend his night feeds by 1 hour (from 4 hour to 5 hour interval) but realises that he started crying because he is hungry and has problems going back to sleep. So can I check if any mummies who have babies above 12 months that still need 1-2 night feedings ? Say after 4-5 hours. Was taken aback by the doctor comment but I find that my baby sleeps well when I feed him at night. He will usually start to move alot and give small cries whenever he wants milk. Any advise or comments welcome! #nightfeed #firsttime_mommy

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hmm try feeding more solids in the day? For my 14 month old, we gave her more milk before she sleeps around 10 plus and on good days she can sleep till 8plus in the morning. Occasionally woke up in d middle of the night for milk but think it’s ok.