How was the last month of my pregnancy - a roller coaster ride indeed

The final days of pregnancy are supposed to be tiring and filled with anxiety especially for first time moms who are waiting to experience delivery, labour pain and motherhood for the first time. Throughout my pregnancy I kept myself active by doing most of the household work but the last month is when I planned to take complete rest and get help from my in laws (as I couldn't go to my parents' place due to covid travel restrictions). But the first day of that last month came an unexpected news and my in laws had to travel overseas on an emergency. It was peak covid time with many travel restrictions no country allowed visitors without pre departure test and respective entry/arrival forms. Air tickets were very expensive. But somehow my husband and I arranged for the express pre departure test and helped them book tickets to travel. We gave them the assurance that we can manage the situation here. The following week was the labour talk with my gynae where she explained about the signs or indicators of labor , when to contact the doctor, when to rush to hospital directly, possible side effects of vaginal delivery and C-sec, pain relief methods and got our agreement to proceed with emergency C-sec if situation demands. After that, we felt like packing the hospital bag immediately and keep it ready because we were alone and no elders at home, so in case of emergency we wanted to keep everything ready. Meanwhile, we were able to get permit for my mother to come and help us, by applying through the Vaccinated Travel Pass. My in-laws completed the work they went for and returned back after a couple of weeks but they had to serve home quarantine for 10 days. My mother arrived a week after my in laws and she had to serve home quarantine for 7 days as the rule changed by then. My husband and I followed the quarantine rules very strictly, we never allowed my in laws or my mother outside the room except for using the washroom. We used to pack food in bento box and keep it outside their respective rooms and throw the trash in a box kept outside the room. We used to wear glouse and clear the trash end of each day. Contrary to my plan of taking a break from cooking and rest in the last month, I ended up cooking for all of us. My husband was my only pillar of support. He was working at the same time he was there by my side and helped in all ways possible. When the home quarantine of my in laws was about to end, we had a doctor checkup and she confirmed that my cervix dilated by 1-2 cm. She told me anytime I might get into labor and explained how to identify real contractions. If not she told to come back in 3 days for another checkup. This made us more tensed because all the elders are at home but under quarantine, couldn't help us really. Fortunately I didn't get any pain my in laws' quarantine ended and we went to see the gynae again this time the cervix dilated around 2-3 cm. The doctor said we will wait for 1 more day or induce labor. We wanted to wait for the natural labor to kick in instead of inducing so we requested the doctor to wait for 3 more days but I never got the pain. So we went and saw the doctor again, it was my last checkup she explained what are the consequences of waiting further and there is nothing to worry as I was already in my 40th week and she fixed the next day for induction and the clinic staff guided us about the hospital admission with all documents needed. I took few pictures with my husband with the baby bump as we didn't do any formal maternity photoshoot on the last day before leaving for my last checkup. It was those last 2 days that I got to spend time with my mother after her quarantine ended and it was the last 4days that I got to rest completely. Thankfully it was normal delivery and it was smooth, maybe because I stayed active at the same time was vigilant and cautious following all doctor's instructions. My best wishes to all mommies out there to have a smooth healthy delivery and enjoy parenting. There is in a strong will power and determination within all mothers which drive us through the pregnancy till delivery and even after that. So stay strong and positive.

How was the last month of my pregnancy - a roller coaster ride indeed
2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Influencer của TAP

nice of u to share 💕

Thành viên VIP

👍🏼