3 Replies

train him by using your finger and push into his mouth and hold it wide for a few mins and slowly increase the timing till he get used to it?

You may want to refer to a paediatrician or BF consultant for a more specific diagnosis.. could be tongue tie.. muscle tension.. etc

Thing is, he can open his mouth wide - like when he yawns. Sometimes his laugh mouth also quite wide. Only when he feeds, his "technique" is to open mouth in tiny "o" shape, which can still fit if I were to grab his head and push him in, needs tremendously good aim, but its extremely difficult with a struggling and moving baby. 😅😅😅

Yes. mine inly recently 4 months then open mouth wider. have been using nuk to clean her mouth everyday since birth.

Same! But he don't even want to open his mouth for nuk - he likes it for some reason 🤣🤣🤣. He bites down hard on my finger and its difficult to put it in, even when I use my pinky. Just for reference, my pinky finger is roughly the same size as my nipple but easier to aim. He is going to 3 months now. Hopefully he is willing to open his mouth wider as he grows.

Trending Questions

Related Articles