Very bad cough since week 29

Does any pregnant mums have very bad cough and keep vomiting at the later stage of pregnancy ??? As o feel very terrible 😭

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I just had the worst cough of my life recently while I was 28 weeks pregnant. Went to see the GP but was prescribed very mild cough syrup because she said that I was pregnant. Couldn’t sleep for almost 5 days and I felt so terrible. I couldn’t control my urine and had to wear adult diaper all the time. At last, I rushed to A&E to get help🤣🤣 but I was told the same thing as the GP. Doctor can’t do much if you have cough during your pregnancy. Just eat fruits that are rich in Vitamins, stay hydrated, gurgle with salt water and get plenty of rest. I took fresh lime with honey which actually helped with the cough.

Read more

immunity is lower for pregnant moms like us, so better to wear mask when going aircon or crowded places to prevent. but can't help falling sick sometimes. i took Strepsils and Pipagao for cough recently. currently week28 too. and started having morning sickness again. I try to lower caffeine & spicy food intake to reduce acid reflux take care.

Read more

I'm 18 weeks now... I've been having flu and cough since early last month. I've seen GP twice with 1 round of antibiotics but still can't recover. Tried honey, didn't take any cold drinks anymore, but still can't recover. I've vomited a few times due to coughing too :(

1y trước

Just went to see GP again and end up it is covid 😩

You might want to take Prospan Cough Syrup, safe for pregnant mummy and hydrate with more plain water. Sometimes vomitting may not just occur at early part of pregnancy, but later period too.

same, feel extra nauseated and having cough rn :(